This position is open to Libya national only and no double job
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details about the organization: http://www.hi.org
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Database Operator is responsible for the data entry, the data analysis and quality assurance of data for Handicap International (HI) projects in Benghazi in line with project requirements and confidentiality guidelines. He/she consolidates project files at base level and assures their quality and completeness in close collaboration with project’s teams.
Working under the overall responsibility of the Head of Mission (HoM), directly under the supervision of the Project Manager and technical supervision of the Information Management Officer (IMO), the Database Operator specific tasks include:
1. Ensure comprehensive completion of the database by the field teams
• Ensure the files are appropriate for entry, in terms of completeness and alignment with project quality standards
• Follow up with field teams to collect any data that might be incomplete or inaccurate
• Compile all data entry in the database and ensure the quality of the data entered
• Propose improvements to the data collection forms, the databases and follow-up tools
• Coordinate as necessary with the IMO for a comprehensive approach
• To review regularly data input to ensure consistency and quality
• To act as a support to staff on all matters relating to the database including data
• Analysis & participate in the field teams’ training about data collection on the field
2. Analyse data collected and report on activities as per Project guidelines
• Generate comprehensive quantitative data on activities using the different follow-up tools;
• Provide relevant analysis of the collected data and produce information on project outcomes, as requested by the Project Manager or IMO
• Participate in team meetings at both field and office level
3. Monitoring and Evaluation
• Share the detected non-conformities and deviations with the IMO and Project Manager;
• Support them in analyzing the reasons and in implementing early corrective actions
• Summarize the main project results in dashboards built in line with MEAL plan (pre-filing of PM box)
• For punctual studies, contribute to the definition of the methodology and the training of field staff
• Support the development of MEAL tools in collaboration with the IMO and Project Manager
• Contribute to the implementation of internal monitoring and complaint mechanism systems
• Support the IMO in maintaining HI “Mapping” database of actors, for all areas of intervention in close collaboration with the PM and project staff
• Keeps up to date information about referral facilities utilised by HI outreach teams to achieve project outcomes
5. Referrals and Hotline Management:
• In close collaboration with PM, actively manage (receive and respond to) referrals and requests for assistance through HI Hotline number, email, social media and/or other sources
• Inform PM about requests for assistance received from local stakeholders (authorities, hospital, health and rehabilitation facilities) as well as any INGO and NGOs.
• Communicate directly and immediately by email any complaints related to staff behavior to Projects Coordinator
• Actively participates in team trainings and staff meetings
• Actively contributes to team discussions throughout the project cycle, offering feedback and highlighting any issues and/or challenges related to data management. Suggest and contribute to finding positive solutions or ways of improving the database and data collection process.
• Shows professional ethics;
• Respects strict patient’s privacy and confidentiality (he/she only shares medical information with medical staff/persons directly involved in patient’s care).
• Ensure strict confidentiality of HI data, sharing internally or externally any part of the data only upon approval of the line manager and using appropriate security tools or data selection criteria.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Line manager: Project Manager (PM, based in Benghazi).
Functional link: Information Management Officer (IMO, based in Tripoli).
The DBO will work closely with the Project Manager and all project staff in ensuring all aspects of data collection required throughout the project are of the highest quality are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
The successful applicant must meet the following essential requirements:
- Libyan national, fluent in Arabic (written & spoken)
- Degree or diploma information management, computer science or related field
- Minimum 1 -2 years working experience in data management
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in stressful situations
- Willing to travel
- No double job
- Written and/or spoken English
- Previous experience working with International or National NGOs.
- You will be sensitive to the needs of vulnerable groups.
- Should possess initiative, strong analytical skills and the ability to support others, evaluate and negotiate appropriate options in difficult situations.
Weekly hours: 40
Schedule: Sunday to Thursday from 08.30 to 16.30 including one hour lunch break (13.00 to 14.00)
Please send your CV and cover letter by email, with the subject reference “DBO-BENG-2018” to: recruitment@Libya.hi.org
Application closing date is 23 September 2018.
Type of contract: FIXED TERM
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview and testing.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان