Medical Doctor based in Misrata - LIBYA -
Doctors without Borders is a non-profit international organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. MSF does so irrespective of gender, race, religion, creed or political convictions. For more information, visit our Arabic website, http://www.msf-me.org
MSF is based in Libya since 2015 and is carrying out activities in mental health, paediatrics and women health in Benghazi, and with the migrants in Misrata and Bani Walid
Workplace: Misrata, surrounding communities, Libya
Provide outpatient/Primary healthcare to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
• Apply medical knowledge, skills in diagnostic and preventative care. Carry out outpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols, and acting as interpreter for staff when necessary
• Performing medical consultations in the Mobile Clinic, OPD, and possibly detention centers whenever necessary or advised by the medical referent in promoting quality patient care, Prioritizing patients in accordance with MSF protocols
• Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, and to ensure that they have understood
• Follow up the evolution of the referred patients, through visits, upon the advice of medical referent, and ensuring that the treatment is at par with the recommendations for the particular condition
• Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection, and sterilization of medical material. Assure general compliance with hygiene standards
• Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, prepare reports when visiting new locations/clinics, and informing the medical referent about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
• Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
Education: Medical Doctor Diploma registered with Libyan Medical Board.
Experience: 1 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work.
Languages: Fluency in Arabic and English is mandatory.
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Competencies: People management, teamwork, flexibility, commitment.
Please include the job you are applying for in your application “MISRATA MEDICAL DOCTOR”
Each person interested by this position must send CV, cover letter, diplomas and work certificates by email to:
Position will be open until Tuesday 20th September 2018
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان