Place of work: Libya – Tripoli/ Gatroon
Referent: Project Manager – Italian Council for Refugees (CIR)
Type of Contract: Project Contract
Duration: until 31st December 2018
Salary: To be defined
CIR is currently looking for a highly qualified and experienced Engineer in the frame of the CIR’s Quick Impact Projects (QIPs) program.
The QIPs Engineer will be in charge of guaranteeing the proper selection and implementation of QIPs following CIR’s official guidelines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain contacts with institutions / authorities at local level mainly independently.
- Conduct assessments on various infrastructures, including buildings and water & sanitation systems.
- Participate in the evaluation of the projects / program and make recommendations.
- Assess damage and estimate the cost of rehabilitation of the damaged infrastructure.
- Assist in the preparation of project proposals including descriptions, bill of quantities (BoQ), cost estimations and implementation planning, based on analysis and department objectives.
- Undertake construction inspection, including inspection of materials and equipment to be installed.
- Ensure materials/equipment provided by the Contractor meet accepted requirement and standards.
- Supervise contractors, sub-contractors and consultants in the field.
- Monitor and provide quality control of all the rehabilitation works.
- Establish technical reports of the on-going projects.
- Establish comprehensive technical reports on completed projects.
- Report any variation or problem arising in the rehabilitation works or provision of equipment to the responsible person in the project.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University Degree in Civil Engineering with 5 years minimum experience in the field
- Experience in estimating costs of civil structures and rehabilitation works;
- Experience in Rehabilitation of Civil Buildings and Public Facilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Very good reporting skills as well as team management
- Mobility within the area of responsibility;
- Previous professional experiences with NGOs
Behaviors (Values in Practice)
Sharing the values of the organization is fundamental as well as a strong spirit of collaboration in order to achieve the goals set and face the challenges coming from working in post conflict/conflict areas.
Any data or information received in the exercise of his/her duties and not generally known to the public, whether in tangible or intangible form, in whatever medium provided, is considered private therefore shall not be disclosed, foremost to guarantee the safety and security of the personnel involved in delicate mission.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter (1 page maximum) specifying in the object the position “ENGINEER” and the desirable duty station “TRIPOLI or GATROON”
Please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to continue the selection process.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان