Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries to restore safety, dignity and hope, IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has headquarters offices in New York and London.
The IRC is in the process of setting up a new humanitarian program in Libya. The IRC is currently planning for this new operation from Tunisia, with the intention to setup the office in Libya in the coming weeks and begin providing humanitarian relief to those in need shortly thereafter.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance officer (SFO), the Finance Officer (FO) will support the setup of the IRC’s operations in Libya. He/she will be responsible for performs the day-to-day finance operations. Works with the Senior Finance officer in the maintenance and oversight of the accounting operations to ensure that all finance operations in Tripoli are performed in accordance with IRC and country office policy and procedures.
• Allocate all staff cost according to their time sheets, as well as, all shared program cost to the grants according to the monthly cost allocation percentages.
• Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
• Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
• Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up and cods.
• Cash custodian of the cash in office balances.
• Preparer of HQ & overseas transfer request.
Data Entry / Accounting Records
• Post Daily transaction on the cash book tracing and send to the senior finance officer for review of every month.
• Maintain subsidiary ledgers for advances, receivables and payables.
• Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents.
• Execute a weekly back-up of all financial ledgers on every last business day of the week.
• Filing and archiving of all Finance documents.
• Process cash withdrawals from the bank and ensure timely bank payments
• Obtain monthly bank statements in the first week of the following month for all bank accounts.
Cash Operations / Preparation of Vouchers
• Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement.
• Ensure that cash payments are reduced as much as possible
• Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
• Review all Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests for proper coding and budget adequacy
• Liaison with Supply Chain, Administration and Program.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
Position directly supervises: Finance Assistant (FA)
Indirect Reporting: Field Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: SC Department, as well other Finance, Program and support unit staff
External: IRC’s Program Field Coordinators and Program & Finance staff in other IRC offices managed through IRC Libya office.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Advance Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institution
• Minimum of Two years of finance or accounting experience
• Computer literate with significant experience in MS. Office.
• Previous experience with International NGOs and/or USAID projects is highly desirable.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent skill with MS specially Excel. is highly desirable
• Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and make decisions
• Fluency in Arabic and good in English, both written and spoken, required.
Working Environment: Standard office work environment. Candidates will be expected to provide their own transportation to and from the job site each day.
Email your CV to Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org indicating in the subject the position title. Last date for application will be August 30, 2018.
ارسل سيرتك الذاتية إلى Libya.Recruitment@rescue.org مع الإشارة إلى عنوان المنصب في موضوع الرسالة. سيكون آخر موعد لتقديم الطلبات هو 30 أغسطس 2018.
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان