The ICRC Delegation in Libya has a vacancy for:
Health Field Officer
The position will be based in Sabha Office
successful candidate and under the direct supervision from his supervisors will set up and run operational Health activities in his Area of responsibility ,Establish and maintain contacts with authorities at national, regional, local and hospital levels with Libyan Red Crescent, Ministry of Health, population, colleagues and other interlocutors
Field and operational activities
• Carry out assessments, monitoring of Health activities and donation in the field when is required.
• Contribute actively in the analysis of Health needs and more specifically Weapon Wounded patients and Primary Health Care in Libya, in order to define the most adequate ICRC intervention.
• Prepare the medical donation processes, assist to the donation delivery, and follow up required
• Undertake field trips overnight or longer as required out of Sabha
• Participates actively in the organization and facilitation of the Health training activities programmed by the Health Department (FAT,PHCC, ERTC and WWS, etc.)
• Communication and management of Information
• Provide accurate translation between various health interlocutors and the ICRC Health team
• Collaborates and keep correct contact with the other FOs and colleagues in the different SDs and Departments in regard of the Health activities in Libya.
• Provide information and guidance to the mobile colleagues on cultural aspects of the context when is required.
• Maintains regular contact and information exchange with medical interlocutors including LRCS, NGO’s, Associations, Universities, MoH; and shares this information with colleagues in a timely manner.
• Participates actively in the collection, analysis and sharing of health data including statistics, possible outbreaks and any other relevant Health info in the media and other sources.
• Contribute to the Weekly Operational Report, Health Quarterly Technical Report and report on other activities such as field trips, meetings, training, workshops, telephonic contacts as requested by the Health Department
• Register in the Document sharing programs of ICRC all documents are relevant for the history of ICRC in Libya.
• Undertake the written translation between Arabic and English language of Health documents and information required.
• Liaise with Health authorities as requested by the Health Coordinator.
• Medical logistics.
• Prepare ROs, donation letters, and ensure the correct documentation including signatures of the packing lists during the donation processes.
Required background , skills and experience:
• Degree in Medicine.
• Fluent written and spoken command of the local working languages and English.
• Minimum 2 years of proven clinical experience.
• Good knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
• License to practice in country of residence.
• Team work approach.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work opportunity in a humanitarian and international environment with initial training and on-boarding.
Interested Candidates with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application with 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st August 2018, with the title in the email subject “Health Field Officer in Sabha”.
CVs not mentioning the position in the subject line, will not be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان