Job title Logistics Associate
Place of performance benghazi, Libya
Start date 9/1/2018
Duration up to 3 months (@21.75days/month)
Qualification Certificate in in relevent field.
Sector experience Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Logistics experience.
Geographical experience Minimum of 5 years of experience in Africa (essential).
Language Fluency in English and Arabic are essential.
Hide Section - Job description
Overview of CTG Global CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of position
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RB) and Country Offices (CO and Area/Field Offices. Job holders report to a Logistics Officer, Head of Unit or the designate.
At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both our client and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
1. Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
3. Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
5. Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
6. Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
7. Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
8. Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
9. Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
10. Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
11. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
12. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
13. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
14. Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support response in emergencies
Reporting to the project manager
-Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives
Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate our client’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
-Be a force for positive change:
Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
-Make the mission inspiring to our team:
Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
-Make our mission visible in everyday actions:
Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall our client mission.
-Look for ways to strengthen people's skills:
Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
-Create an inclusive culture:
Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
-Be a coach & provide constructive feedback:
Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
-Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit:
Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
-Encourage innovation & creative solutions:
Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
-Focus on getting results:
Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
Make commitments and make good on commitments:
Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
-Connect and share across units:
Facilitates partnerships with other units to accomplish missions in the field.
-Build strong external partnerships:
Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
-Be politically agile & adaptable:
Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling goals and objectives.
-Be clear about the value our client brings to partnerships:
Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
-Supply Chain Management and Optimization:
Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that our client is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
-Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt:
Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
-Information Management & Reporting:
Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
-Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution:
Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with our client standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
-Warehouse and Inventory Management:
Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination
Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
Experience in compiling contract documentation.
Experience in contract execution.
Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
This role doesn't require management field
To be communicated further if any
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان