These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and
Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or
Information Technology Officer.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative
to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a
requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily
basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate
a team of support staff.
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support
activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
1. Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialised network
monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
2. Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports
in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
3. Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are
answered and accurate information is provided to staff.
4. Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in
order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
5. Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to
support the capability building of staff.
6. Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with
the tools they need to perform effectively.
7. Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have
access to required information about IT services and products.
8. Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support
the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
9. Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to
ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance
with all relevant regulations and policies.
11. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in
enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
reporting to the Project Manager
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
Has experience analysing service management results and development service enhancement
Has participated in business process re-engineering efforts and identified service management
Has experience participating in country office procurement/budgeting process.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMICS QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level
C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required
depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN
language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different
لتقدم للوظيفة أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان