The ICRC Delegation in Libya has a vacancy for:
Light Vehicle Drivers
The position will be based in the Benghazi Office
- Drives different types of ICRC light vehicles and transports people and/or material as per instructions, during normal working hours, evenings or weekends, and working during shifts. as instructed.
- Loads and unloads vehicles as necessary and ensures that the goods are loaded safely. Properly delivers cargo as requested and obtains transport documents for all cargo transported.
- Ensures that passengers and cargo on board have all the necessary authorizations and documents available.
- Controls attributed vehicle and avoids misuse.
- Follows all internal ICRC and legal security and safety rules and regulations.
- Checks the mechanical condition of the vehicle before the trip and at the beginning of each working day: fluid levels, wheels, tires, lights, inspect for eventual leaking of fuel and oil, checks body condition.
- Carries out the daily vehicle condition, checks, and inventory of equipment and accessories of the assigned vehicle as per instructions.
- Maintains the vehicle equipment and reports immediately any need for replacement.
- Reports technical car defects and missing equipment immediately to the line manager.
- Maintains the logbook or electronic logbook of the vehicles.
- Pays specific attention and assures refueling and recording in the logbook.
- Drives in such a way that the fuel consumption is minimized (select proper gear etc.)
- Checks vehicle condition (ensures clean Air & Fuel-filter etc.) to minimize pollution.
- Ensures refueling of the vehicle without spilling fuel or oil on the ground.
Required background, skills, and experience:
- Primary school level.
- 2-4 years of working experience in driving light vehicles.
- Masters in 4/4 and VHF use (when required).
- Basic knowledge of written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Very good communication skills.
- Driving license for at least 5 years.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedures.
- Service-oriented and flexible.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work opportunity in a humanitarian and international environment with initial training and on-boarding.
Interested Candidates with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application with 2 references to: email@example.com before 12th August 2021, with the title in the email subject
“Light Vehicle Driver in Benghazi”.
CVs not mentioning the position in the subject line, will not be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews
The post Light Vehicle Drivers – Benghazi first appeared on Libyanjobs.
أنتهت صلاحية الاعلان